Tuesday 3 January 2012

Weigh in day!

As I mentioned yesterday we have to set goals for the month for the Do Life Challenge.  They can be physical goals, health related or anything we want.  Since I joined the challenge to help get my butt moving a bit more my first of the five goals is to lose 7lbs by February 1st.  Sounds like a lot but when you look at the fact that the professionals say a healthy, sustainable weight loss is 1-2lbs a week it's not too crazy.  My reason for this is based on what I weighed yesterday morning when I started.  I haven't gained since last week but haven't lost either.  My other fitness related goals are to prepare all of our meals with the exception of one per week and to cut 1 minute off my 5k time.  I'm going to have to run 5k this week to determine what my current time is.  Now I know a minute is an awful lot but I think it's possible.  I know that I can push a bit harder than I usually do and since my regular time has always been somewhere around 45 minutes I think cutting it by one isn't too much.  If I only cut 30 seconds of that is ok too.  Any improvement is good in my books.  I took a picture this week in part because I need to keep myself accountable and partly because when I didn't last week it was out of pure shame.  Ignoring it and pretending it didn't happen won't change it.  Really gaining 4lbs over Christmas really isn't much when you look at the statistics.  I believe that the average is between 5 and 10lbs over the month of December.  Since I lost a little bit at the beginning of December I'm happy with where I am right now and know that I won't see this number ever again:)

Say goodbye to that number:)

No comments:

Post a Comment