Wednesday 11 January 2012

Much Better!

Sunday afternoon I decided to bust out a new game on the Wii and oh boy did it kill me!  It's the Jillian Michaels Ultimatum 2011 game and I never in my life thought I could be in so much pain from a video game!  It has training mode then you can unlock mission mode.  I got through the first three exercises of the mission but the forth was a big fail.  It was swing squats and the idea is that you have to swing the remote up and down while you do 10 squats.  If you don't do it right you have to try again.  If you try four times and don't do it right you get sent back to the beginning of the mission.  I got sent back to the beginning 3 times.  That makes about 120 squats plus other exercises before I decided enough was enough and quit.  For the past three days I have hobbled around.  My upper legs have been so very sore.  The whole thing, not just one isolated muscle but pretty much everything above the knee.  Today it is finally bearable so I did some light exercise and hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to run.  I wanted to run yesterday but when I tried to just run from a store to my car I thought I was going to throw up so decided trying to run 5k or more wasn't the best idea.  I've been eating well though so hopefully the lack of exercise won't be to detrimental. 

I've gotten back into making Green Monsters pretty much every morning and love them!  They just give that bit of a boost that carries me through the day.  If you haven't tried one I highly recommend you check them out.  Don't let the green part scare you away.  I was sceptical at first too but oh boy am I glad I tried them.  Tonight I also made some fresh juice!  I'm not a big juice drinker.  I would rather eat fruit and veggies but we got a Bullet Express and it has a juicer attachment so I tried it out and if I'm going to drink juice it may as well be the real deal.  I need to look up some juice recipes though and find some really good ones that are packed with good for you stuff.  Adrian made me a big batch of broccoli soup tonight too!  I love soup and much prefer the homemade kind.  It's so much better when you know exactly what's in it!

Tomorrow is my Friday and the weekend is going to be packed with fun!  I will start with a run tomorrow night followed by a nice relaxing day on Friday.  Anna has her first Hip Hop class Friday evening and I am going to take her to see Beauty and the Beast after that.  Saturday is my birthday and I plan to start it with a 6 to 8k run and then we are heading out to a Buffalo Bandits game in the evening.  Sunday is family time and Clifton Hill in Niagara Falls has a great residents special that we are going to take advantage of.  I am so looking forward to this weekend:)

Anyone out there have good juice recipes or recommendations for websites???

No comments:

Post a Comment