Sunday 29 January 2012

Another Week Begins

Well it's Sunday night which means tomorrow starts another week of work.  This week is our training week at work so I'm going to be a lot less active than usual.  On the plus side of this I will also have limited access to food and the food I have access to will be food that I bring with me.  It's going to be a good week of training.  Some of the usual stuff like first aid and some new and interesting stuff. 

Exercise will be key this week and I have a plan to make it out and run with Runners' Edge on the usual club nights, I will go to the Y on three days and on the other day I will relax!  I'm going in to meet with Benny tomorrow after the Y to set up a plan for half marathon training.  I am going to run a half in June and none of the current schedule work quite right for my timing.  He will help me out with that part.  Then it's up to me to make it all happen.  I will make it happen!!!

This past week in our Do Life Challenge we had to pick a partner and keep in close contact with them.  We had to get to know them and what their goals are and try to support them to reach those goals.  My partners name was Megan and I picked her solely because we have the same amount of weight to lose.  Once I started to get to know her I found out that we have a ridiculous amount in common including our area of employment.  We both work in social services although different areas.  It was great getting to know her and being inspired by someone else.  She is an amazing woman and I am so glad to have gotten to know her and hope to keep contact with her even after the challenge is done.  We continue with our partners this week and I am looking forward to finding out what the challenge is.  It's going to be fun I have no doubt about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment