Saturday 7 January 2012

One Lucky Lady!

Today marked my first official run of 2012 and what a great run it was.  I've been a bit gun shy since a run about 3 weeks ago when my asthma flared up really badly and I had to cut  my run way short and walk back to the store.  I have never had a problem with my breathing when running before but I think a combination of things caused it including some pretty strong head winds and cold temps.  Today however was a fantastic run.  At the beginning I was a bit wheezy but I had my inhaler and when we stopped to stretch I used it and it was smooth sailing from there. 

The weather is so strange right now and it was 5 degrees at 8am!!  It was sunny, calm and just beautiful:)  I was reminded this morning of how wonderful the people I run with are.  Everyone is so supportive and encouraging.  No one passes you without a smile or a wave and everyone looks out for everyone else.  It's so reassuring to know that if I did run into trouble I would have someone out there looking out for me. 

The rest of the weekend is supposed to be pretty nice too:)  I have movie date with one of my best friends tonight, tomorrow we have to morning to lounge around  and late in the afternoon Meag will be home:)  She's been at her Mom's for the week and I'm eager to see her! 

Who could ask for more than great weather, super running buddies, wonderful friends and fantastic family time?
I hope everyone else is having a great weekend too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment