Monday 9 January 2012

That's the way it should be!!!

Today starts week two of the Do Life Challenge and it's even better than the first!!  This weeks theme is "Pay it Forward" and we have to do two acts of kindness to make someones day or life better.  I have some ideas for my acts but I'll share those later.  We also have some homework questions that we have to answer on the forums but I'm going to answer one of them here.

The first homework task is to tell a story about someone who went out of their way to do something that changed your day or life.  My answer to that is two fold.  It started with one person and continues with lots.  The first thing that came to mind when I read that was when I started running.  I went to ask Celine about it and she spent a bunch of time telling me about Runners' Edge and running.  She then encouraged me to join the beginner clinic.  I did and that changed my life.  I didn't know what I was getting into when I started and was scared but she was right there encouraging me along and still does today (she said something about a full marathon because she's hilarious like that).  I have changed in many ways since that first run back in September 2010 and will continue to change.  The reason I say it continues with many people is because the other runners from Runners' Edge have always been so encouraging and accepting right from the beginning.  I really truly feel that without all of those people I wouldn't be where I am today!! 

Where am I today you might ask??  Well really considering signing up for my first half marathon in June instead of September for one thing and almost 3lbs lighter than last week for a second!!  Yep you read that right!!  I lost 3lbs this week!!!  Ok well 2.8lbs but close enough:)

Yippee!!!



1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that a bit of encouragement and the courage to try has made such an impact on your life. And congrats on the 2.8!

    ReplyDelete