Thursday 12 January 2012

Lonely Run:(

Tonight I decided to run right away when I got home from work instead of waiting to run with the group at Runners' Edge.  Adrian was going out and I thought it would be best to get it done so that my Mom didn't have to worry about putting the girls to bed.  It was an ok run but it was lonely.  The interesting part of that was that when I do run with the group I don't actually run with anyone.  I'm much slower than everyone else so I end up pretty far behind the pack and alone for most of the time.  The difference, I guess, is that I know there are people out there and that those people will pass me on the way back which then gives the sense of not being alone.

The alone time was good as well tonight because I was very stressed after work.  We had a team meeting and we're going through some changes that are freaking people out.  Everyone deals with this kind of thing differently and I'm usually pretty laid back about things.  The problem is when other people get stressed about it and get upset I tend to get frustrated with it.  Unfortunately there were just one too many negative comments today and I snapped at someone.  I didn't mean to be rude or to upset anyone but I did.  I apologized later and I think everything is ok but I felt horrible.  The run tonight was just what I needed to deal with some of that frustration.  I cam home feeling much more refreshed and was able to think things through.  Now I get to enjoy my Birthday weekend:)   It's going to be a good one!!!

Oh and I also came home from my run to find this waiting for me!!  You have to love the silliness:)

Yummy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment