Monday 23 January 2012

Phase 2?

Yesterday marked a new and hopefully wonderful stage in our lives.  We got a family membership at the YMCA!!  I have had memberships before but was never really dedicated.  I always made excuses not to go and just didn't.  This time is going to be different for several reasons.  The first and probably most important is Anna.  She loved the group that she went to today and as soon as we left asked when we were going back.  I love that she was that excited about it.  It makes me feel better about leaving her for the couple of hours while I work out and it makes me happy that she is getting to do something she loves.  The other reason I think it will be different this time is that I feel good being there:)  My favorite thing at the gym is the elliptical machine.  I get a good workout on it and feel great afterward.  The really cool part this time is that I got on yesterday and set the time for half an hour thinking that would kill me.  To my surprise I got to the end and almost felt like it wasn't enough!!!  That alone will keep me going.  I have come so far over the last 16 months and this is just the next step on the road to becoming a healthy momma!!!

Tonight I headed back and Anna went to her class, Christina went to the daycare centre and I worked out blissfully!!  I felt great at the end and was so very happy to pick smiling little girls up!  This is going to mean a bit less family time but I think it will also make the time we spend together that much better!

Sorry I don't have a picture today:(  I had to charge my phone last night and it was in the kitchen this morning.  I got dressed and had breakfast before I realized I hadn't taken my scale picture.  I'll get one in the morning and post it tomorrow after I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment