Wednesday 18 January 2012

A little rest goes a long way!

As I mentioned Monday I have a cold.  It started Sunday and by Monday morning I felt like I might die!  Ok that's a bit dramatic but it was bad enough that I decided to take the day off.  Tuesday I had my annual physical booked in the morning so I decided to wait until after my appointment to go into work.  I was still feeling pretty awful and my lungs were burning so I decided to stay home again and not annoy the asthma gods.  I got lots of rest and today I couldn't believe the difference!!  I never, ever take two days off for a cold but figured I had the sick time and may as well use it!  I also have a co-worker leaving for Costa Rica and the last thing she needs is my cold for her trip.  The two days off seems to have been one of the best decisions I have made in a very long time.  I'm not 100% but probably about 75% which is good enough for me!  I did some light exercise tonight and if my breathing isn't horrible tomorrow I might actually try to run.  If I do I will likely stick close to home and pick a route that I can expand depending on how I feel.  I expect that Saturday I will be able to do my planned 8k.  That makes me one happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment