Monday 8 August 2011

What the Heck!!

Who other than me gets strep throat in the middle of the summer and when you haven't really been around alot of people??  It's a strange case too.  I didn't really have a sore throat, I would call it more of a thick feeling.  It was just uncomfortable to swallow not painful.  I thought it felt weird this morning so took some allergy medication assuming that's what it was and off to work I went.  I came home at lunch because today's the only day we weren't able to cover for daycare.  I went to look at it because it still felt odd.  Well one side was all white!  That's never a good thing but I really didn't think of strep.  I more thought thrush because I use an inhaler can cause thrush if you don't rinse well after it.  So later in the afternoon I decided to hit the walk in clinic to get the strange drop things I had once before for thrush.  Well the doctor had other thoughts and said it's not thrush at all.  He gave me a prescription for Amoxicillan and sent me on my way.  Said if I got two doses in before bed I would be fine for work tomorrow. 

This has a minor impact on my running plan this week.  I was planning to get up at 5am tomorrow and drive to a hill to get some hill training in.  I don't think I'm going to follow that routine now.  Partially because I'm not fond of running a somewhat secluded hill alone in the semi dark and partly because I do feel a bit tired and achy.  I think I will sleep until my normal time then go for my run once the girls are in bed.  It will still be semi dark but I can drag someone with me at night.  I can't do that in the morning.  So depending on how I feel tomorrow evening I'll be the crazy runner going up and down the hill a few times.  I'm going to head to the hill that is part of the course for The Chocolate Race that I am running in 3 weeks. I like the idea of running it before the day of the race.  I may try to make Thursday's run part of the course too.  I will feel more comfortable on race day knowing what I am up against.

I'm just glad I got this now instead of the day before race day!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment