Tuesday 16 August 2011

Run the Crazies Away!!


I love my girls more than anything in the whole world but some days they just make me crazy!!  Tonight was one of those nights.  When I got to daycare to pick them up one of the first things I was asked was if they slept ok last night because they were miserable and easily upset.  Christina hadn't napped all day because Adryanna told the daycare lady that while they were off she stopped having naps.  Adryanna was crying at the drop of a hat and fighting with the other kids.  It was just a rough day for them.  When we got home we had kabobs ready for supper so all I had to do was cook them and reheat some rice and veggies.  It took all of about 10 minutes to prepare.  When I told them it was ready Adryanna cried because she didn't get to play long enough.  She then cried because she didn't want the peas in the rice, then because she didn't like the meat (she hadn't even looked at it yet) on and on this went.  Finally she ate!  She complained the whole time but I'm not going to play the "I don't like it so make me something else" game.  I always make sure that what I cook is something she will eat.
Adryanna eating corn!




Christina's Cheese Face!
Then there was Christina.  She's being potty trained and was doing so well but the last two days she's done nothing but pee her pants at daycare.  Well then we get home and nine hundred times during dinner she asks to go pee.  It's driving me nuts!!!  Then we get outside to play and go swimming and she has another accident.  This time not just pee though :(  Got her changed which was a task and a half, back outside and it was time to swim.  In and out of the pool she got.  She fell coming in once and hurt Grandma's shoulder.  Hopefully it'll be ok in the morning but if not it will be off to the clinic to have it checked.


Adryanna was determined that she wasn't putting her bathing suit on because she wasn't swimming.  Of course two seconds after I got in the pool she wanted hers.  Luckily she's big enough to come inside and get herself ready.  Two seconds after she got in she had to get out to use the washroom then she was cold and didn't want to come back in. 

Fast forward a bit and it's bedtime!!!!  Thankfully they both went without a fight.  That's when I got to decide.  Run or relax.  I ran and ran and ran!!  I had to run the crazies away!!!  I had only planned to run 5k tonight but first my delivery of gu gels came in today so I wanted to try the new flavour I bought and second I was so overwhelmed by the girls tonight that I decided to just run as far as the canal path would take me.  I could have a gel before I left and all the crazies would be gone when I got home.  So that's what I did!  I ran 6k tonight which is the longest Tuesday night run I've ever done.  I usually keep those ones shorter and save the longer runs for the weekend. The canal path was very busy on the way out but on the way back it was quieter and getting dark.  About half way back Adrian passed on his way home from work. By the time I got home I was tired but relaxed!  All the crazies are gone!!  Here's hoping the girls sleep the crazies away!

So, running is not just good for the body, it's great for the mind too.  I always feel so much more prepared to take on the world when I've had a good run.  When the girls get up in the morning they will be happier and it will be a new day full of fun!!

1 comment:

  1. I,The Crazy, (Adrian) tried catching up with you, but, you really ran away from the crazies.

    ReplyDelete