Thursday 18 August 2011

What goes up, must come down!!

Yesterday was a very eventful day in our house.  It started early yesterday morning with Adryanna and a stomach bug.  She seemed fine when she first woke up.  She came into our room and got into bed with me.  When I asked how she slept she said good but she had a small headache.  I didn't think anything of that after the day she had on Tuesday.  Less than an hour later she was asking for her barf bowl and for the rest of the day it was her best friend.  She was achy and tired.  The poor girl couldn't get comfortable all day.  She moved from couch to chair to floor and back again.  Nothing would stay down!  So when Grandma got home from work I put Christina in the stroller and we went for a nice walk to the store to get gingerale.  It was a lovely walk and Christina chattered the whole time.

About 7pm Adrian realized that he had forgotten his work key and needed it to lock up.  He ran home to get it but someone had gotten his keys and we couldn't find them anywhere!!  He left again while we continued to look for them.  When I found them the girls were in bed and Grandma was downstairs so I ran them out to him.  I left the baby monitor on and brought the receiver end downstairs so Grandma could hear if Anna got sick again.

While I was gone Christina clearly wasn't actually asleep and decided it was a good idea to go up to the top bunk to visit Anna.  She does this on a regular basis and normally she has no issues.    When I got home Grandma was upstairs sitting on the couch which automatically made me think Anna was up.  I was surprised when Christina sat up on the couch and started screaming!  It turns out that on her way down she missed a step and fell. 

She refused to stand or walk and just screamed when we tried to get her to.  When we asked what hurt she said her leg and grabbed her right one.  So off to the hospital we went for an xray.  Luckily there was a very short wait and very helpful staff.  We didn't wait more than about 10 minutes before we saw the doctor and got xray orders.  The xray was done in a few minutes and we had an answer within an hour of arriving.  So what was the diagnosis??  Fractured right tibia!!  My poor baby is now sporting a lovely cast from her toes to her knee.  She isn't allowed to walk until we go to the orthopedic clinic on Wednesday.  This is a kid who doesn't sit still.  It's going to be a long week!!  Maybe the worst part though is that she will have a cast for the rest of summer and, even worse, for her second birthday party.

Poor Beena :(

Today went well enough.  We had lots to keep her occupied and she was fairly content.  We'll see how things go for the next 5 days.  Needless to say we were exhausted today and I wimped out of my run tonight.  We had some thunder rumbling during soccer and they called off the game part way through.  I just couldn't bring myself to get out there.  I will run my 8k on Saturday and make up for it with a walk tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment