Wednesday 3 August 2011

Rainy Runs

I was supposed to run last night but when I looked at the weather forcast to see what the temperature was I saw that it was supposed to rain today.  I immediately decided to cancel my run and go this morning.  A year ago I wouldn't have wanted to walk to the car in the rain but now there is something so nice about it.  Perhaps it's the thought of the rain cooling me off when I am sweating like crazy, perhaps it's the calm of the world when it rains but whatever it is I love it.

Last fall when I was learning to run we had one nasty night where it was pouring and we were soaked before we got five minutes from the store.  I thought it was going to be horrible and spent a good part of the day trying to come up with reasons not to go.  I was so happy that I didn't skip the run that night.  I don't even really notice the rain anymore when I run.

This morning as I laced up my shoes to head out I was excited.  It was a light rain, almost a mist actually.  By the time I got to the canal it had pretty well stopped but the pavement was wet and the air smelled fresh and clean.  It reminded me of early fall.

I love summer for the heat, the swimming and the beach but fall will always be my favorite.  This morning was just what I needed to re-energize. 

It has rained on and off all day.  We're just hanging out at home playing video games, watching tv and enjoying the calm.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be a nicer day again and we will all head out to enjoy it.  I'll run again tomorrow morning and it will be a beautiful run.  Even if it's sunny and hot the air will be cleaner from the rain today.  I look forward to getting out there!!!

1 comment:

  1. I ran in the rain today too - it's such a wonderful, refreshing feeling. Glad you got a taste of it too!

    ReplyDelete