Sunday 14 August 2011

Soggy Sunday

I like rainy Sundays.  They tend to force relaxation.   Today is one of those days.  We got up to a sunny morning and decided to check out Buskerfest early because we knew it was supposed to rain this afternoon.  It was ok.  I think it would have been better yesterday when there was a bit more going on.  The buskers that we saw were good although some of them were a bit crass and some of what they said wasn't totally kid friendly.  They weren't cursing or anything just not totally appropriate.  It started to rain a bit just around 1pm so we decided it was time to come home.  Now we will spend the rest of the day inside watching some movies and just relaxing. 

It's not raining too much and if it clears up later we might go to the park and after dinner we plan to head to the Avondale Dairy Bar.  It's Cones for Kids this weekend and some of the proceeds go to the local childrens ward at the hospital.  Ice cream is always a nice way to end the weekend. 

This week should be a quiet one.  I don't have a lot booked at work so I will be able to get caught up on some of my paperwork.  I am heading to the movies tomorrow night with some friends for a girls night and I might just get to run with the group on Tuesday!!  Adryanna has her second last regular soccer game on Thursday too.  It's hard to believe it's almost done.  Summer has gone by so quickly!  Next weekend we'll be doing back to school shopping along with another birthday party. 

Now for the exciting part of my week!  Weigh in time!  I actually had to go back and look at last weeks entry to see what it was last week because I was surprised by what I saw this morning.  So here it is!
Last week:  243.6lbs
This week:  240.8lbs 
That's a loss of 2.8lbs!!!  Just what I needed to remind me that a little extra discipline and a bit extra running can make a big difference!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo!! Atta girl. Imagine how fast it will come off when your half marathon training starts :)

    ReplyDelete