Tuesday 23 August 2011

Almost there!!




First I have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

Sunday is the Chocolate Race!!  I'm a bit nervous because I haven't done any running since Saturday.   If all goes well tomorrow I will get out for a good run and again on Friday for a short run.  That will make me feel better about what I need to do on Sunday.  Normally I would have run tonight but with Christina in a cast and not allowed to walk I didn't want to leave her with Grandma since she is such a handful.  Also Adryanna wanted to go for a walk with us and I will never say no to going for a walk with my kids!  So we went for a nice little walk to the canal so Adryanna could look for boats and watch all the other people there.  She is such a people watcher already.  I can see her as that old lady sitting in the mall just watching the people go by.  It was interesting though, last night I told her she had to come and promised her a slushy on the way back.  I wanted her to ride her bike because I figured she would make it farther that way but she refused.  She's a bit scared because she has fallen a few times.  So reluctantly I let her walk.  Well she actually ran most of the way there!!  It's only about one kilometer but for a person with such little legs that was impressive.  She then skipped and ran most of the way home too!!  I was so happy with her.  Tonight again she refused to ride her bike but ran most of the way there and part of the way back. 

I have always worried about the kids and keeping them from following in my footsteps, the old ones that is!  Adryanna loves to watch TV and would sit there for hours if she was allowed.  I do my best to keep them busy and active.  Adryanna always says she's a runner and tonight I felt like she really is!!!  Christina makes me laugh when we are out.  She yells and points everytime we see someone running and asks us to run.  She is so sad right now that she can't run.  Tomorrow we go to the Ortho Clinic to have her leg checked and I am going to beg for a cast that she can walk in.  I will even pay to get one of the really good ones that can get wet!  It's just so hard to keep her busy and keep her from walking on it.

I'm looking forward to Sunday's race so much.  Two of the three big kids are going to be here to see it along with the people who are always here and the weather is going to be beautiful.  It's a beautiful course even if it is a hard one.  A lot of the course is a path overlooking the lake which, if the weather is as nice as it's supposed to be, will make for a very beautiful run.  Of course there is chocolate involved which always makes me happy.  I don't know how much of it I will eat after running that long but it can be saved for another day! 

Stay tuned!!  I'll update the cast situation tomorrow night.  Keep your fingers crossed for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment