Thursday 11 August 2011

Beautiful!

I love the cooler temperatures!  Last night we got to sleep with the windows open and the air conditioning off.  I slept better than I have in weeks!  I woke up in the middle of the night feeling a bit chilly and went back to sleep thinking about how beautiful this mornings run would be.  Unfortuanately I didn't make it out of my nice cozy bed for a run this morning.  My body just totally didn't co-operate.  I think my body is imposing an easy week on me which is perfectly fine with me.  I will still get out and run my 10k on Saturday morning and if things stay the way they are right now it will be the nicest run I've had in a long time! 

I am going to get out and run tonight after Adryanna's soccer game.  I have everything laid out on the bed waiting for me when I get home.  I have my route planned out and I am so excited.  I love this weather.  It's perfect running weather.

This weather makes me think of Fall more and more.  I love Fall, it is by far my favorite season!  I love everything about it.  Pumpkin pie, changing leaves, clean crisp air and lots of fun family time.  We do a lot of family things in the fall.  Christina's birthday is September 1st which isn't technically Fall but I feel like it starts things off.  Then school starts and this year I am off the whole first week.  I will get to take Adryanna to school everyday and pick her up with all the other kids.  We then have Adrian's birthday, Thanksgiving, Adryanna's birthday, halloween etc.  Plus there are several local festivals in the Fall that we like to go to.  I just absolutely love Fall!! 

This will also be the first Fall that I really get to enjoy running through.  Last year I was just learning to run and while I loved it I was very focused on the running part and didn't take the time to look around me and enjoy the beauty.  This year I am running at least an hour each run instead of building up from 10 minutes so I will have plenty of time out there alone to marvel in all the beautiful colours and smells of Fall.  I think by the time the bitter cold of winter gets here I will be so relaxed and happy that I won't even care!

No comments:

Post a Comment