Sunday 7 August 2011

Hmmm...

My vacation week is ending, the big kids went home yesterday and the house is so quiet.  It's interesting how things change over time.  The big kids have never been here for three weeks.  When we planned it I wasn't totally sure how it would go but I was quite surprised at how well it went.  Everybody settled into a routine and life continued very smoothly!  Now they are home and it's really quiet here.  Not that they would be up this early anyway.

What did we do with the rest of our week off?  Well let's see, Wednesday we just relaxed inside because it was cloudy and threatened to rain off and on all day.  Thursday, Adrian took Ashlee and Drew golfing while Meag and I went out for lunch with a friend then we picked up the little girls and my mom and went swimming at Adrian's moms followed by Anna's soccer game.  They won 3-1!!!  Friday all the girls except Christina went to get manicures and pedicures then we all spent the afternoon swimming and tanning.  We wanted to relax because Saturday we were all headed to Wasaga Beach to take the kids home and go to a wedding!!  Adrian's stepmom got remarried and because they have kept in contact we were invited.  It was a small but nice wedding!

Before we went to the wedding I ran 9k for the first time ever!!  It was an interesting run.  My body hasn't been co-operating this week and PCOS symptoms are rearing their ugly head.  I was sluggish and felt crappy in the morning.  I left the house wondering what I was thinking, got to the store and thought about going back home, started my run thinking I would just keep it short then about 2k in I started to get my stride.  I got to 3k and ran into one of the beginner leaders who was so encouraging that I decided to keep going.  I decided I would just stick with the 8k I had done last week.  When I got to the 8k turn around I decided that if I had come that far I may as well keep going, it was afterall only another .5k in each direction.  Well that .5k, when you have no concept of where the turn around is, can feel like forever!!!  I passed a few people who were on their way back and thank god for them, I needed their encouragement to keep going.  I did it though and felt great in the end.  I am very proud of my accomplishment.

Now for the annoying part of my week.  I got on the scale this morning only to find that the number didn't change much and not in the right direction.  It read 243.6 :(  I know there are several factors at play there but all in all I think it was too much snacking, pcos and maybe my increased running causing havoc on my system and probably not enough water.  Either way it's a new week, I will clean out the fridge and get some good healthy groceries.  I have some things I want to make this week and will make sure to pack my lunch and snacks everyday.

This week will be an interesting one.  I got a message from our daycare worker that she's in the hospital having her appendix removed.  This is a person who never complains and never slows down so she must have been really hurting to go in and I am so glad she did.  I have made some arrangements for my kids and hopefully everyone else can too.  She needs at least this week to relax.  So my week after vacation might turn out to be somewhat a part time week.  That's ok with me though!!!  I get to ease back into things and I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment