Saturday 20 August 2011

An Upside to Everything!

Our week has been a very eventful one indeed.  From stomach bugs to broken bones, soccer games and bbq's we've been a busy household.  Add a couple of runs into the mix and things are getting down right crazy! 

Christina isn't allowed to put any weight on her leg at all so we have had to get kind of creative in ways to keep her occupied.  Thursday was the bbq for work so that took up a big enough part of the day and after dinner was soccer which took us to bedtime.  Yesterday Adrian took the girls shopping for the morning then they spent the afternoon with E for Erin.  I guess I should explain that a bit.  When Anna was first learning letters E was the very first one she mastered.  One of my best friends in the world is named Erin.  She was over one day and when Anna showed her an E she said "E for Erin".  Now that's what Anna calls her.  Back to yesterday though.  After dinner I decided to take Christina for a walk in her stroller.  She likes going for walks and looking at all the things around her.  She points out birds, trees, dogs, cats and everything else she sees.  So we headed out to the canal path because it's not somewhere we have gone often with her.  She had a great time.  Lots of people run along this path and everytime a runner came along Christina yelled "RUN!"  She love to run and watch people run.  Everytime I come out in running gear she says "Mommy Run?  Beena Run?"  I see marathons in her future!

Today was a busy day too.  I went out for my run at 7am with the running group and planned to meet Adrian and the girls at the local farmers market when I was done.  He got them ready and we met there about 9am.  Then we came home and got ready for Anna's soccer bbq.  After that we came back for Christina's nap and some swimming for the rest of us.  Next we went shopping and had dinner out.  By the time we got home it was 6pm.  That's close enough to bedtime that I could just let her play on the floor until bedtime.

We've done a good job keeping her occupied and only have 3 days of this left before we go to the Ortho clinic and hopefully get a walking cast put on.  Two of those days she's at daycare for part of the day.  Hopefully they can keep her busy and out of trouble. 

So the upside to things??  I am getting more exercise because I never stop moving while she's up.  I figure after the birthday party tomorrow we'll come home and have dinner then head out for another walk.  Maybe if she isn't allowed to have a walking cast I'll be able to kickstart a new routine and some added weightloss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment