Monday 1 August 2011

Family Time

As I have already mentioned I am on vacation this week.  We don't generally go away for our vacations.  We have gone to Florida to visit my brother a couple of times but other than that we usually stay home.  We like to stay home and do things here instead of spending half our time travelling. 

Yesterday's adventure was Ribfest!  I love Ribfest.  We try to go every year and plan for it most of the week leading up to it.  We always end up with way to much food and bring a bunch home that we get to eat for the next day or two.  The kids love going just as much as the adults too!

Today started off with a delicious breakfast prepared by Meag!!  She made us french toast, fresh fruit salad and bacon.  It was so good!!  Then we spent the day playing tourist in Niagara on the Lake.  We started off with a tour of Fort George.  It's a rebulit military fort from the War of 1812.  I think it's funny how a bunch of old army paraphernalia can be so interesting, even to a four year old.  We then went to the big park for a picnic lunch and to spend some time in the wading pool cooling off.  After we were done that we looked at the shops and had some ice cream.  We headed home after about 5 hours of walking and exploring.  We were all hot and exhausted but again it was a wonderful trip.  Tonight Adrian and I are taking Meag and Drew back for the Ghost Tour at Fort George.  They are also a lot of fun.  Meag came to one with us a couple of years ago but this is the first summer that we feel Drew is old enough and more importantly mature enough to come with us. 

I enjoy this time because it is a break from the same old routines, I get to spend time with the people I love the most and I don't have to worry about work.  I love that I get lots of exercise and relaxation.  I love that I have a chance to try new foods and make some of the old foods that I love but that take too long to make when I am at work all day. 

I have been weighing myself most mornings since I bought my own scale.  It's interesting how much weight you can lose when you are walking and sweating all day.  Yesterday I weighed 243.2lbs, this moring I weighed somewhere around 239 and just now I stepped on the scale and I weighed 235.6!! Now I realize that it's all water weight that I lost and it's way too much water to lose.  I  have been drinking lots but clearly not enough.  I know that I will gain most or all of that back in the next 24hrs and that's ok with me.  It showed me that I definitely need to plan better when we are out and refill my water bottle where ever I can. 

Tomorrow??  Probably a trip to the local beach but not before I run my nice run by the canal. I enjoy running the canal path.  It's nothing fancy but it's calm and quiet and with a house full of 8 people for three weeks everyone needs a bit of quiet sometimes. Hopefully my body isn't to tired from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment