Tuesday 30 August 2016

Maintaining Change

Here comes the point where I always struggle.  I have done so well the last couple of weeks making a huge change and I feel amazing.  Now I need to maintain all of those good habits I have built and keep going.  As I have said a bunch of times sugar is gone forever.  I know myself well though and without the accountability level I had I need to work hard to keep from slipping.  So I will continue to log everything I eat, I will continue to post here and I will continue to reach out for support as needed.

I have always been told that making a big change is the easy part.  It's the maintenance that is a challenge.  Yesterday is a great example.  Since I "could" have honey or maple syrup and I have a recipe for delicious peanut butter cups made with just coconut oil, cacao powder, maple syrup and peanut butter, I couldn't stop thinking about them.  So I didn't make them.  I didn't need them and was in a place where I would have eaten more than I needed.  So I had a little peanut butter on a spoon and went to bed.  I was happy and got that peanut buttery goodness.  I will make some of the cups on the weekend when my head is in a better place.  Tonight I was feeling too lazy, after the  tiring task of shoe shopping for the girls, to bother making a mess:).

The girls are back to school on Tuesday and I can't wait.  The first few weeks I enjoy the lunch making process and this year they will be very involved in that process too.  They helped a lot last year but this year they will do more.  It's a great chance to help them learn to make healthy and balanced choices.

Thursday is the trip to the CNE.  I will make sure to document and share how it goes when we get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment