Thursday 18 August 2016

Use Your Strengths

We have all been in an interview where they ask you to list your strengths or say why we would be an asset.  We all know how hard that question is to answer.  No one likes to sounds like they are bragging. However, we need to recognise our strengths and embrace them so that we can be successful. 

Two of my biggest strengths are determination and stubbornness. If someone tells me I can't then I want to prove that I can. If someone says it will be too hard I want to show it is not.  I get frustrated when I am told it's impossible or not going to work.  So I am going to use that with this transition. There will be so many people who will say it's not worth the trouble or who will tell me all the things I can't have anymore. I will show them that it's not that hard and that I can still eat anything I want with modifications. If life was easy life would be boring.

I haven't actually told that many people what I am doing yet because I want to be well into this so people can actually see that I am doing it. I want to be able to say I haven't had the added/refined sugar in a long time to show that the work is worth it. That is the stubbornness.

Day four has almost come to an end and I have stayed strong. Before our team meeting I opened my cupboard at work to get my almonds out and found the tub of chocolate covered raisins that I bought a couple weeks ago. Without hesitation I took them out and walked to a co-workers office and handed them over. She likes them and will eat them so why waste them?  Someone may as well have them.  Determination!!

As for withdrawal symptoms I had a bit of a headache this morning and my stomach was doing some interesting things but it all seems to have worked itself out now.  I ran this morning and felt pretty good during it.  I had a moment about half way in where I felt a little nauseous but that could have been the heat too. 

The weekend is coming and that is probably going to be the hardest part.  I am going to do some experimenting and come up with some more on the go lunches for work. Of course a trip to the Farmer's Market will be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment