Thursday 25 August 2016

Community, it's more than where you live!

Community is all around us.  We tend to automatically think of community in the physical sense of where we live.  The places we can physically go.  It's so much more than that.  It's the people we surround ourselves with both in real life and often through social media.  It's the sense of connectedness we have when we are a part of something.  We all need community to be successful in everything we do. 

So part of becoming sugar free is going to involve community too of course.  I don't know many people in real life who are sugar free but I am certainly starting to share that I am.  In doing that I have had a few people ask questions and say they might be interested in trying it.  They know they can ask questions and I am happy to help any time they decide to try it. I would love to have a group of friends who live this way that I can share recipes with and get together with on a regular basis.  Throughout this initial challenge I have had the support of my Naturopath and it has been great. When she runs it with a group of people I will definitely connect with that group. I figure I can offer experience to the group but also make connections with like-minded people.

Probably where I have found the biggest community so far for this sugar free lifestyle has been online.  There is a blog I have followed for a while that is run by a guy who has been sugar free for a couple of years now.  I have also found a few Instagram accounts where I have seen recipes and suggestions.  While searching for recipes I have found other blogs and websites too.   I love the internet for that kind of thing, especially for something where there aren't a lot of people locally.

I am hoping that as people see the positive changes that come from not eating sugar they will start asking questions.  If even one person decides they want to make this change because of what I am doing that will be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment