Saturday 20 August 2016

Meditation Attempt

For a long time I have wanted to try out some meditation. I have heard many times how it can be a great start and/or end to the day.  How you can use it to mentally prepare for the day or to clear your mind before bed, or just to reset after a stressful situation I have just never known where to start.  Today I was given the task of doing a short meditation exercise so I jumped on it.  I downloaded a short guided meditation program.  I attempted the first recording after dinner today and here is what I learned.  I will be honest and say I had a hard time with it.  I don't feel like I picked the best time for it and I had a hard time shutting things out.  I think this will work better very early in the morning after a good workout. I felt more calm and relaxed afterward without a doubt but I couldn't shut things out because there was a lot of background noise. I enjoyed the process and the fact that I had that few minutes to focus on what is important right now.  I had a busy day out doing some shopping and was struggling to slow down after dinner.  I think the time I took to stop and attempt to focus on the meditation helped me to calm before spending a quiet evening with the family.  I liked it enough to give it a good try.  I will start with that bit of time I have after my morning workouts.  It will also be a good way to cool down before getting ready for work.  The program I downloaded is 21 days so I will report again when it is done.

As for day 6 with no refined or added sugar, it has gone well.  While the rest of the family had ice cream after dinner I made a peach sorbet type dessert for me.  I blended frozen peaches with unsweetened coconut milk and cinnamon.  It was delicious!!  I have been looking for a lot of refined sugar free recipes and have a lot of great fresh foods in the house.  Tomorrow is a relaxed day so I plan to do some experimenting in the kitchen.  If anything good comes out of it I'll be sure to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment