Saturday 27 August 2016

Everyday Success

Day 13 has nearly come to an end.  This two week challenge is done after tomorrow and then the real work begins.  I won't have the same level of accountability as I do now. This means I have to be even more diligent than I am now.  I need some goals for this to happen.  I was asked today to set three things that I need to do daily to ensure success.  This isn't necessarily food related but just goals to drive my days.  One is personal, one is business or athletic and one is doing something for others.

My personal one is pretty easy: eat nutritious food that fuels my body and my exercise as well as ensuring that I get some sort of fitness in.  Whether that is a run, bike ride, yoga class, walk or strength training I needs to happen.

The business related goal: Make sure that I am keeping up on paperwork that needs to be done.  I can be terrible at keeping things up to date so this will be a good one.

Doing something for another: this will change day to day.  I work in a helping profession so I do something each day at work to help people but I will work on broadening this.  I won't say specifically what I will do but I will do it and I will start keeping track of it for a while.  Things like buying a coffee for someone, helping someone with bags at the store, helping someone in need.  All these things and more. 

Today has been a good day.  Saturdays are pretty routine around here.  We made our weekly trip to the market, went to Karate and did the rest of our shopping.  I had to get things done for Christina's party tomorrow. My kids (with lots of help from grandma) made us a wonderful anniversary dinner.  Now it's time to relax and wait for our surprise guests.  My stepdaughter and her girlfriend are on their way and no one but me knows:). I can't wait!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment