Wednesday 17 August 2016

Overcoming Setbacks and Moving On

We all start these journeys with the best of intentions.  We are determined, we do all the right things and yet we all deal with setbacks at some point. It's just part of life. I suppose there are some who sail though but I think that is the exception to the rule.  I know anyone who has read this blog knows that I have blundered my way along making lots of great progress just to step back and undo it.  Can I say where I went wrong or what I did wrong? If I am really honest I did it with the wrong mindset.  Maybe I wasn't really doing it for me. Maybe it was half hearted and maybe I wasn't viewing some of the changes as forever.  Whatever the reasons for the setbacks I certainly didn't handle them well.  I don't know why exactly.  So what am I going to learn from all that so that I can be successful and deal with setbacks moving forward? I am going to accept things as they are and I am going to ask for help where I need it and from the right people. I think some setbacks come from listening to that inner critic (or the outer ones) too much when they said I was failing and not listening to what I really want.  I want to run faster, lift heavier, fit in regular clothes and just be healthy!

Well it's almost the end of the third day with no refined/added sugar in my diet and strangely I feel good.  I have had small moments where I felt off but no major withdrawal. No headaches which is the best part. I ate well and got to the gym for a 45 minute strength workout. Overall I feel fine. Here's to tomorrow and another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment