Sunday 28 August 2016

Challenge Complete!!

A few weeks ago I sent my Naturopath a message saying I wanted to work on cutting out refined and unnecessary added sugar from my life.  She came up with a plan that started with this two week challenge.    I started about a week later and am not finished with the challenge.  It's amazing to me how fast the two weeks has gone!!   I think the biggest accomplishment of this whole challenge is sticking with it through 2 birthday and our anniversary.  Not once did I take a bite of something with sugar in it.  Tonight I had a conversation with a couple of my aunt's and my mother in law about it and explained everything I am doing and why.  I wanted to be really clear with them that this isn't about weight loss but about better health.  I also wanted to be really clear that I can still eat anything I want as long as I make sure it is added sugar free.  They had a couple of questions and didn't agree so much with a couple of things I said but that is their choice.  I haven't felt at all deprived during this challenge and am very satisfied with what I am eating. 
I made a sugar free banana cake today that was pretty good and that other people said was good.  They were very honest and agreed that the "frosting" needed work but that the cake part was not bad at all.  Next up is a sugar free carrot cake.
What changes now that the challenge is done? Nothing really.  I have said all along that I don't intend to go back to eating sugar.  During the challenge we eliminated all added sugar. Tomorrow I can add natural added sugars in. I have set limits on those though.  Honey, maple syrup and dates will be the main ones added.  On occasion I may use some fresh fruit juice (like squeezed from an orange fresh) or Stevia but I don't like the taste of it much.  Otherwise if it isn't naturally sweetened I won't eat it.  It's that simple:)

No comments:

Post a Comment