Wednesday 29 February 2012

A Little Push From A Friend

Last night I had my best run ever!!  I ran with the group and from the minute I left the store I knew it was going to be a good one.  We left the store and Benny told us to run to Montebello Park.  I wasn't really happy about that but once I started moving it all changed.  The first part of the run is a downhill followed by an uphill.  Usually I am way behind the group by the time we get to the top and have to wait for a light which puts my even further behind.  Last night I was right there with the group through that whole stretch, got to the lights with them and kept up all the way to the park:)  We then stopped to stretch and I figured that would be the end keeping up but nope.  I was still behind the group but I could still see people.  I made it further than I expected before I had to turn around which was a bit of a problem since I tuned Benny out after he gave the 6k route.  I made it to 3.57k and it was time to turn around.  I started to head back and stopped at the truck for a drink break.  Judy was there and feeling under the weather so suggested we start back to the store together.  Judy is much faster than me but I accepted thinking I felt pretty good and if she was too fast I could send her ahead and move along.  Well her not feeling well was great for me because she went slower than usual but provided enough of a push to make me go faster.  So I finished 7.02k in exactly 60 minutes.  That's an 8:35/k pace!!  That is fast for me:)

So now I have two pictures for you.  The first is the one I took yesterday morning to post which shows a 0.5lb loss.  The second was taken this morning, it shows me what a really great run can do.  I'll base any loss next week on what I weighed on Tuesday since that is my official weigh in day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment