Friday 17 February 2012

Speed Work and a Teething 18 Year Old

Well last night was our speed work out!  We had to run 300's and I had to run 4 of them.  For the non-runners out there that is running 300m almost as fast as you can 4 times.  Doesn't sound like much but let me tell you it sure feels like a lot when you're doing it!  I'm pleased to say I was able to finish all of them and didn't entirely feel like I was going to throw up.  I ran almost 2k to get to the spot that we do our speed work which also means a 2k run back to the store after the speed work.   So in total that's a 5.2k run.  I'm pretty happy with that and am really happy that I could run the whole thing.  Next week is hill training.  We'll see if I  am happy after that one:)

On a totally unrelated note it seems that Meag is teething!!  Yep that's the 18 year old.  Last night she was talking about strange pain in her throat on one side.  Not like a shore throat but more like a bruise, then said it kind of hurt behind her ear.  I figured she was coming down with something until today she said she thought a new molar was coming in.  Ahhh...Wisdom Teeth.  The interesting part is that these are all the same symptoms they say babies might feel when they are teething.  I always just thought that was a bunch of doctor's assumptions about what babies must feel based on the way they act.  Clearly they are right:)

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment