Saturday 18 February 2012

Snowy, Sunny, Perfect Run:)

Today we woke up to a winter wonderland.  It was only maybe 1cm of snow on the ground but it was enough to make it pretty.  It was just around 1 degree and the temperature just kept climbing while we were out there.  The only slight problem was that the little bit of snow made the sidewalks a little bit slippery.  Overall it was the perfect day for a run though!!  I ran 6.56k in 57mins.  I was supposed to run 60 mins but forgot about stopping my watch at red lights.  My Garmin said 60 mins so I stopped.  I was a bit disappointed because I thought I could make it to 7k in an hour.  When I connected it to the computer to upload my run I came to realize that I had only done 57mins.  Ah ha!!!  On the plus side I ran 5k in about 44mins which is considerably less time than the last timed 5k I ran.  I'm quite happy with that.  I knew I was getting close to 5k so I started watching the time since one of my goals for the month was to increase my 5k time by a minute.  I did it :)

Tomorrow is supposed to be a 40 minute recovery run which I will do bright and early before the day gets started.  We have really no plans for the day.  I'm going to make a big pot of chili for supper and maybe some fresh bread.  I haven't made fresh bread in a while and I think it's time.  I'm looking forward to the next two days of relaxing and just hanging out with the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment