Sunday 5 February 2012

Week 5!!

Today marks the end of Do Life Challenge Week 5!  We were to reassess our goals from week one and set new ones.  We were also to max out on our push ups.  I switched from doing what I call "real" push ups to doing the girly kind and found them easier and therefore I can do way more.  I can do 40 with only a couple of short breaks (30 seconds or so).  That is a major improvement over my 3 that I could do at the beginning:) 

My other goals included:
1.  Losing 7lbs which I didn't quite achieve but I'll take the 5.6lbs that I did lose and call it a victory! 
2.  Spending more time playing with the kids and less time watching them play.  I feel like I met this goal.  We have spent more time interacting and yesterday we were outside playing with the dog and on the swings for over an hour (hard to believe it's February in Canada).
3.  Improve my 5k time by a minute, I have no clue if I met this goal because my Garmin watch died and the one night that I tried to time myself it died before I even hit 2k.  I will re-evaluate this one with the new Garmin watch that I got yesterday:) 
4. Run 60k total for the month.  Again, no clue!! I would guess at about 45k though since I missed a whole week of running when I was sick. 
5.  Eat out less than once a week and I am happy to say that I made my lunch everyday (except the two where it was provided at training) and we only at dinner out a couple of times.  Overall I would say I made good progress on my goals for the month. 

I have decided to make this months goals a continuation of most of those goals or at least they go hand in hand with them or take them one step further.  I will list them in another post, another day.

I feel like this week was a really good week as far as doing life goes.  I attended training all week and kept an open mind.  I learned a lot and was reminded of why I do what I do.  I enjoyed the week but am looking forward to getting back to the clients and putting some of what we learned into practice.  I also did really well with exercise.  Although I didn't make it to the run group during the week I did exercise 6 times this week including 3 runs with 4 trips to the Y (one trip was one of my runs).  I tried two new classes at the Y and definitely worked hard.  I watched what I ate and avoided snacking all day during most of our training.  Overall I'm pretty happy with the way things went.

Friday night, as I already posted, I signed up for my first half marathon and Saturday did what I will call my first official training run.  I felt good about that run at the end but still feel a bit sick when I think of the half marathon.  I know I can do it and I know it's going to be life changing in the face that I will have to eat well and train hard over the next 4 months to perform my best come race day. 

It's going to be a wild ride and I am so ready for it.  Bring on week 6:)

No comments:

Post a Comment