Tuesday 14 February 2012

First Official Training Run! Huge Fail:(

In my defense though I had a really good reason.  Little Christina is so sick!!  She had a slight fever yesterday but was fine at the end of the day and we went to the Y.  Then she threw up all the way home from the Y and spiked a fever shortly after.  She woke up many times in the night crying for water or just wandering around.  She then woke up this morning just crying and coughing.  It was so sad:(  She went from her bed to the couch and camped out there for the morning then moved to our bed for part of the afternoon.  We ventured out to go to the doctor because she was coughing and wheezing so bad and not eating.  Turns out she has bronchiolitis(something like bronchitis but not quite the same) and a throat infection.  Off to the pharmacy we went for some antibiotics and inhalers.  Came home and gave her a dose of the antibiotics, some shots of the inhalers and some Tylenol.  She stopped coughing so bad almost right away but still wasn't eating much.  She was OK for a bit and I should have taken advantage of that time to get my run in but Mama Bear doesn't like to leave the cubs when they are sick so I didn't go.  She got some of her energy back for a while and was fairly happy.  Right on that four hour mark the Tylenol started to wear off and the cough came back.  More meds in and off to bed with her.  Hopefully she'll be able to sleep most of the night and will be somewhat back to normal tomorrow. 

I took this two ways, first I felt guilty for not getting that run in and worried that it would set me back, then I realized that missing one run this early in the schedule isn't going to destroy anything and not being there for my kids when they need me will.  One of my biggest excuses for not exercising and missing runs over the past bit has been my kids and when I started the Do Life Challenge that was part of week one.  Identify your biggest excuse and eliminate it.  Tonight I had to look at whether I was making an excuse or whether I was doing the right thing.  I feel like I did the right thing.  I will put the guilt aside and get tomorrows run in.  She should be fine for daycare and usually the rule is 24hrs on antibiotics and you aren't contagious anymore.  Depending on how she feels I may take her to the Y or she may stay home with Grandma.  Either way I will get my run in and she will survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment