Thursday 23 February 2012

Three Rung Ladders

As previously stated I had hill training tonight.  We run from the store to the bottom of a big freaking hill then stretch some then the pain begins.  Tonight Benny said we were going to run ladders of three (or six for some people).  I looked at him confused then listened as he explained.  We were to start running at the bottom or the hill, run "through the chute" then up to the first telephone pole, down to the bottom and around the little loop, up to the second telephone pole, down and around the loop, up to the third telephone pole and down then stop and have a little one to two minute break then go again and again.  Three repeats of this three pole loop.  As I went up to the third pole on the first repeat I thought it was bad but not terrible, on the second repeat as Benny was screaming at me to dig and drive I wanted to push him in to the bushes and on the third all I could think was I will survive!!!  On that last trip to the third pole Benny is there yelling about how awesome I am and how it's a good sign if I puke.  Luckily for all of us I didn't puke and by the time I got back to the store I felt amazing and was so happy to have done my hills. 

It's an interesting thing this training.  It's been about 18 months since I started running and finally feel like a part of the group and a real runner.  I know I've been a real runner since the day I walked in the door but now it's starting to really feel like it.  I watched the group that was doing six poles today and thought they make this look easy and one day so will I:)  By the time I got to my car and looked at my phone there was a message from Celine saying she heard the herd run by on the way back and asking how it went.  My response was that if she had asked half way through I would have said horrible but now I will say great.  I love that feeling of elation after a good run!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment