Monday 13 February 2012

Training is set:)

I have just returned from chatting with Benny about my training schedule for the Niagara Falls Womens Half Marathon on June 3rd!!  I'm getting really excited for this now.  We worked together to set up a schedule that will work well for me.  My longest training run is going to be 150 minutes and lands right on the weekend of the Chocolate Race where I wanted to run 16k.  It should be exactly the right amount of time.  I might even be able to finish the 16k in less than the 150 minutes and then I'll have to run around the parking lot or something.  The major nerves have passed for now and I'm just excited.  I'm sure I can handle it and I will trust my training.  This week seems like a pretty easy week.  I am running 50 minutes tomorrow, 30 Wednesday, doing Speed Work on Thursday, running 60 minutes Saturday and another easy 40 on Sunday.  Sounds crazy but when I look at what I'll be running in 10 weeks this is nothing!  The plus side is that I realized I have 16 weeks until the race.  That's a whole lot of time to get ready!!  When I am done here I will go print out a couple of copies of my schedule and stick them up in highly visible spots around the house and at work (or maybe in my car since I'm there more than at my desk somedays).  Everytime I begin to feel like I don't want to run or want to eat crap I will look at the schedule and remember what I am doing all of this for. 

To go along with that I have another wonderful picture to show you!!  I am so happy with myself for working so hard and finally getting to see results.  Maybe by the time I am done all my half marathon training I will be able to shop in a regular store with regular sized clothes!!!  It's not a wild dream either.  I'm only about 20lbs away from that and once I pick up my running and if I keep eating the way I have been I should be able to drop that by summer for sure.  Small steps really are adding up!!  At the beginning of January I set the goal to lose 7lbs and with todays loss I have done that plus a tiny bit!

Hopefully this will be the last time we see a 240+ on that scale:)

What is everyone else training for??? Any exciting first time races coming up??

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a whole lotta exciting stuff in one blog entry. Congratulations on your weight loss - looks like all the positives changes you've been making are paying off. And your training schedule sounds great too - you'll be amazed at how far your body can take you when you add a few minutes at a time. Keep on doing what you're doing - it's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete