Saturday 28 April 2012

Well Hello Rest Week:)

This morning I got up and ran 14k for the very first time ever:)  It was kind of crazy and no where near as easy as last weeks 12k but I got it done and still felt pretty good at the end.  It's like a whole different world once you pass that 10k turn around point.  As I passed I waved to Kevin and said "see you on the way back".  I then turned the corner and went down the big hill the whole time planning to walk most of it coming back.  I thought to myself that it really wasn't that terrible of a hill.  Then I rounded the curve.  No one warned me that there was a worse hill that I had to go back up!!!  I trudged up that, walking most of it and turned the next corner.  Not so bad now a nice straight stretch then an overpass.  I'm a horrible judge of distance but assumed my turn around would be just before that.  Think again there Selena.  Up and down I went then across a road.  I read the sign that said 4th Ave and thought holy shit!!!  I looked at my watch and realized I was almost there.  I turned around a few seconds later.  The trip back was tough but I made it and now it's rest week!!  My legs are tired but my brain is so very happy.  

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit indeed! Two extra kilometres is a long way to go and the fact that you ran up and down and up and down Gregory hill is amazing. Not an easy hill on any day, never mind your first 14k.

    Enjoy your rest week - I will most definitely enjoy mine.

    ReplyDelete