Wednesday 18 April 2012

So Proud:)

Today was a much better day.  Work went by much faster than yesterday and the gym was awesome!  I had an appointment set up with a trainer to get a routine going.  He was so awesome and maybe my new best friend.  See most people look at the fat chick at the gym and assume they can't do anything.  This guy asked lots of questions and when he heard that I was a runner and had been for more than a year he set up my program much more difficult than he would for a beginner.  He also didn't start things with the lightest weight!  He guessed at higher weights for most machines and it was perfect.  He then decided that since I exercise regularly he would show me some things that I can do even without the gym.  He had me doing squats, just plain squats, ones with a medicine ball and then jumping squats.  That's going to hurt in the morning:(  My favorite part was when he asked if I knew how to do planks.  Do I know how to do planks???  Oh yeah!!!  When I told him that I indeed knew how to do planks he said "show me".  I showed and he was impressed.  He then gave some suggestions to make them better and suggested several different planks to do.  Now squats and planks are a part of my regular workout routine.

I'm so excited to start this new routine on my own and to watch the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment