Friday 23 September 2016

Why?

Life has been seriously crazy the last couple of weeks.  Work is busy with lots of things due this time of year and with school starting we are running around more and more.  It's all good busy but I have been neglecting my posting.  I am still refined sugar free and loving it.  I have stuck to my plan and have recreated so many things.  I have learned how to substitute things in recipes to make them equally amazing and way better for me.  My family is also much more aware of what goes into their foods. 

I haven't talked much about long-term goals or reasons for making this change yet.  It's about living, really living.  Not being afraid of what the next lab results will show or what medication I will have to take long term.  I know there are cases where people have to take medications and are still quite healthy but for me that would not be the case.  Family history of type 2 diabetes and heart disease combined with my history with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome mean making this change is so important.  In just the short time I have been doing this my lab results are amazing and I no longer need long term medications.  I feel great and most of the time have lots of energy.  Sure work gets crazy, I stay up too late and get up to early so get tired but it's a different tired.  It's a good tired!! 

It's Thanksgiving weekend and we will be hosting a family dinner.  I will be making a pumpkin pie with no refined sugar.  We have homemade broth sourdough bread for the dressing plus more of the broth for the gravy.  Everything on my table Sunday will be refined sugar free and amazing!!  Our guests will leave healthy and satisfied;)

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment