Monday 19 September 2016

Round two!

Last week's goals were fairly successful.  I ran a couple days, made new things and got in a good bike ride on Sunday.  The new food I made was a sheet pan dinner.  The foods themselves weren't anything special but the concept was there.  I did pesto chicken, roasted potatoes and roasted asparagus.  Stuck it on on two pan and into the oven.  Left it there for half an hour and voila!

Today marks 35 days without refined sugars.  I have used maple syrup or honey but that is all.  I am feeling great.  Round two started today.  It's the first official challenge open to the public.  There are about 6 people doing it.  I am super excited to see how it goes.

I am following along and doing it with them.  Since I didn't go back to eating sugar I will more be looking at the journalling and mental aspects this time.  I think I will be able to look even deeper at things this time through.

Today's topic was temptation zones.  I have found I have more of temptation places than specific items and I have also learned that I am far stronger than I originally thought.  I have had many meetings in places like McDonalds and Tim Horton's without issue.  My staff meeting this past week where I expected it to be hardest wasn't bad at all.  There were several kinds of cookies but I brought sugar free apple muffins and had that instead.  I am finding there are less temptations than I thought there would be.  Sure there are lots of things that I might like to have but I haven't really minded not having things.  It has definitely gotten easier to be around things that are sugary. 

I truly believe this is about mindset too.  It isn't about can't have, it is about don't want.  This alone has been the biggest hurdle.  Teaching people around me that it is a choice I am making and not something I can or can't have.  I am a person who when told I can't wants to prove that I can.  So if I was saying I can't have sugar then I am going to want it more than ever.  If I say I am choosing not to have it no one is going to tell me I can't have something.  It has been surprisingly easy to say no to things too.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else is different this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment