Sunday 4 September 2016

Nope!

So I finally got around to making my homemade peanut butter cups and have quickly learned that I am not ready for that kind of thing yet. 

The first one was terribly sweet and I felt awful after eating it.  One would think that should be the end of it but nope.  Once one was in I kept thinking about the rest in the freezer.  Rationalising that they were just too sweet because I haven't been eating like that and that the next one would be fine.  I was so fixated on them that I knew they had to go.  There were 7 left and with the amount of not cheap ingredients in them I couldn't bring myself to ditch them so I made other people eat some so I wouldn't eat them all.  They are gone now and I will not be making them again anytime soon. When I do they will be mini ones and taken to a party or work, they will not sit in my freezer calling to me.

Lesson learned and moving on.  I have been slacking in posting since my challenge finished but have not been slacking on my goals.  I have not had refined sugar in 21 days.  Overall I feel more energy and generally better.  I am not struggling to find stuff to eat either. I have been quite active most days.  This past week I had a couple of lazy days but made up for that on Thursday by walking around all day.  I got in nearly 17000 steps that day and while my feet hurt I wasn't totally exhausted at the end of it.  I was pleasantly tired but not to the point that I wanted to curl up and sleep for a week.  Just plain tired. 

This morning I got up and met a friend for a nice bike ride.  We went out to the country and rode past some farmers fields.  It was beautiful.  My favourite season is peaking around the corner and I can't wait.  School starts in a couple days, cooler temperatures are arriving and my energy level is high.  Fall running/cycling is my favourite so I will be out there and loving it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment