Monday 5 September 2016

Not Just A New School Year

I have said it before but the beginning of a new school year always feels like the beginning of many new things.  It is the beginning of my favourite time of year, the beginning of much more bearable temperatures, the beginning of a renewed sense of energy and the beginning of new goals.  This year I am making it the beginning of a newish routine too.  I want to look at each week and set daily personal goals.  A lot will be workout related but some will be fun or food related too. 

This week's goals are:
Monday: Early morning run(6.4 miles done today)
Tuesday: Strength training immediately after taking the girls to school. 
Wednesday: Early morning run
Thursday: Grocery shop and pick one thing I have never tried(preferably a fruit or veggie)
Friday: Early morning strength training
Saturday: Long run(early then errands, karate and laundry)
Sunday: This is a multi-goal, relaxation filled day.  Early morning bike ride with hubby, day at the beach with friends and family, new recipe for dinner.

These are all very achievable goals and ones I can easily stick with. My energy level is great, my mood is great and I am excited to be out and moving.

Today was a great day.  I wanted to sleep in a bit but chose to get up and run with a friend.  I really enjoy getting out there first thing and just enjoying the run.  This afternoon we got a bunch of the kids and parents together to enjoy the last day of summer holidays.  Then dinner was a delicious steak and baked potato with roasted cauliflower. 

Now the kids are gearing down, all their stuff is ready for tomorrow and I am excited for what this school year will bring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment