Monday 25 November 2013

Random Ramblings:)

This week promises to be as crazy as every other week has been lately.  I'm going to have to work hard to get my runs in and plan to eat well.  Yesterday I made a big pot of homemade pea soup which will provide healthy and filling lunches for the week.  I have lots of healthy foods in the house so eating well shouldn't be too hard.  I'm on Week 4 of my smoothie challenge but just starting week threes recipes.  I had to use up a bunch of the stuff I had left from the first two weeks before I bought more stuff.  Today I made one that is meant to taste like carrot cake.  It is very tasty!!  Even Christina liked it, but then that's not a stretch since she likes everything.  Christina is kind of like Mikey from the old Life cereal commercials.  Does anyone else remember that one?  Anyway I have enough left for tomorrow too and am looking forward to it.  

As far as my running goes this will be a week that I am thankful for my treadmill.  Besides being really cold at least one of my runs will have to take place rather late in the evening and I don't love the dark and cold combination.  It also works well when I am working late or have a later appointment because then the girls play in the room while I run and we get to be together.  

Yesterday we got our Christmas tree.  We always cut down a fresh tree and try to get out to the farm the first weekend they are open so that we can get the best selection.  We got a perfect tree this year, not too big and perfectly shaped.  I'm very happy with it.   With so many people decorating it was done in no time too.  Then last night our Elf on the Shelf returned!!  Her name is Jingle and the girls were so excited this morning to come out and find her.  She left them a note and even knew that Meag had moved out and Drew moved in:)  She's one smart elf!!  So now the Christmas season is well underway and everyone is getting very excited for it.  

I didn't get my weigh in done this morning but will get it done tomorrow.  I'm not expecting much since it's "that week" and I always gain 3-5lbs but hopefully by next week anything gained will be gone.  

1 comment:

  1. I love fresh Christmas Trees. The smell that fills the house is just divine. :)

    ReplyDelete