Tuesday 5 November 2013

An Interesting Development

Tonight I ran!  I know, I know what's the big deal?  I have been a runner for 3 years but anytime I have been sick I end up out of running for at least a week.  This time I missed only one run!!  This is huge for me.  I didn't do a huge run but did what felt good.  I might have been able to go longer but my throat was starting to hurt pretty bad so I thought I would stop.  The rest of me felt great though!  The other thing I would like to mention is that I did this run without my inhaler.  It is in my car which is at work with Adrian.  I have never run without my inhaler.  I have only needed it a handful of times but I always use it 15mins before I start. That was what I was taught by the Asthma Educator about 12 years ago so that is what I do.  For anyone with asthma you may know that totally psychological reaction to knowing you don't have an inhaler, It's panic!  Shear panic! As soon as I don't have it I think I need it.  I've gotten pretty good at teaching myself that I don't but have never had to run without one.  I'm happy to say that I really, truly didn't need it.  

I'm full of surprises tonight!!  Go me:)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! What an accomplishment! You're a rockstar. :)

    ReplyDelete