Thursday 21 November 2013

Fantastic Family Fun!

This past weekend we went far, far north to visit some of Adrian's family.  It was an awesome weekend spent with some great people.  We don't see this part of the family often at all because of the crazy distance between us.  It took us close to 8 hrs to drive up there and then another 8 hrs to drive back.  It's not really a great weekend trip but next time we plan to go for a whole week so that we can spend a lot of time with them.  Adryanna and Christina had a great time playing with their cousins too.  They have 6 cousins up there and they all had a great time.  We went to a Christmas parade Friday night which was a lot of fun.  Free hot chocolate, hot apple cider and lots of Christmas fun.  We spent Saturday morning watching Lincoln's hockey practice then went to Adrian's dad's for the afternoon and evening.  The girls had a great time checking out the house that Adrian grew up in.  One of my favorite moments from the weekend was when Papa told the girls he lived in "the bush" and on the way out to the house Adryanna asked me "Does Papa really live in a bush?".  It was so innocent and just hilarious.  She was happy to hear that he actually lived in a house and that saying someone lives in the bush is just an expression.

As for my goals for the weekend I am happy to report that I kept every last one of them.  Thursday night I made two smoothies, one for Friday morning and one for Saturday morning.  I also mapped out a run and planned to run on Saturday morning.  I did this as well.  We had to be out the door for hockey at 8:30 am and with 4 adults to get showered I figured the earlier I went out the better.  I set an alarm for 6 am, laid all my stuff out the night before and made sure I reviewed my map.  Now if you'll remember my last post I said the town was really small.  I felt pretty secure that if I got lost it would be pretty easy to find my way back. Saturday morning I set out in the dark and hoped that no one in town would be freaked out by the stranger running through town.  I managed to run from one end of town to the other and weave my way back to the house is 4.04k and 36 mins, yep it's a very small town.  Pretty good run if you ask me though.  I would have liked to go further but I had already disrupted every dog in town and didn't think it would be very well accepted if I were to do it a second time.

This was a very big deal for me. On vacation I usually let my eating go to crap and end up skipping whatever run I have planned.  This time I stuck to my plan and ate fairly well, even if I didn't have much choice in my meals. It also felt really good  to just put my shoes on and go before the fun of the day started and it felt great to know that I had taken care of myself and that I was sticking to my goals and dedication.

Overall it was a great weekend and I am looking forward to our next big adventure:)

P.S.  Almost forgot my weigh in!  Given the fact that my food choices were limited and I spent 16hrs sitting in a car in 3 days I am happy to say that I did not gain any weight.  I didn't entirely lose any either but my weigh in on Tuesday morning (forgot to Monday) was 229.6 which is 0.2 less than last week but not enough to really call a loss.

1 comment:

  1. Hey...a loss is a loss! Good job. You have inspired me to really make the effort to get in at least one run when we are in Halifax. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I do have Jim there. If we both agree, then we can push each other out the door! PS...I finally got my blog back up and I am giving it another go. http://type2turtle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete