Tuesday 12 November 2013

The Little Things

Today was an awesome day!  I got to go to Christina's school and see what part of her day is like.  I got to have a talk with her teacher and find out that she is doing very well academically but there are a couple of little things she needs to work on.  She likes to repeat things, if she is excited about something everyone has to be told, several times!!  So we will now be working on reminding her that she has already told us ____ and that once is enough.

I also had a great day because I had a small victory!  Last winter I bought a pair of jeans that I guess are skinny jeans.  This was a huge deal for me because I have never worn tight clothing.  I just never believed that chunky people should wear things like skinny jeans or leggings.  I know many people who do and look great in them so I don't know what makes me feel that way.  Well that changed a little when I went shopping and saw these jeans.  I loved the way they looked on the chunky mannequin and thought "what the heck" and tried them on.  I immediately felt uncomfortable but the ladies in the store told me they looked great and I bought them thinking I could just return them later.  Well I got home and got approval there so went ahead and kept them.  I don't wear them often because they are quite tight and by the end of the day they hurt a little.  Today I wore them and they didn't hurt!!!!  Even at the end of the day after eating way to much food they still felt good.  There was even a little room in the bum!  I was so happy.  It is those small victories that make all the hard work worthwhile.

Tonight I ran 35 minutes with just a couple of walk breaks for a drink (I can't run and drink or I choke, it's a weird thing really).  That also felt great.  Its disappointing to me that I ran a half marathon and now 35 minutes is a big deal but before I know it I will be back to running longer distance and ready to run another half.

Yesterday was weigh in day.  Last week I was 231.2 and hoped to get into the 220's by this week.  I haven't been below 230lbs in so long that I don't even know.  I am happy to report that I was 229.8 which is not a lot below 230 but I'll take it!!!  A loss is a loss after all!!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you fancy-pants! I did notice you were looking extra schnazy today.

    Congrats on seeing the underside of 230. That must feel pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had to look schnazy for my photoshoot:)

      Delete
  2. That's awesome about the pants! I felt the same way about skinny jeans and leggings, but have since found pairs that work for me. The darker the jean, the better!

    CONGRATULATIONS ON THE LOSS! BOOM, LADY! You'll be in onederland in no time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyyy Selena! *high five* That's fantastic. Sometimes those non-scale victories are better than a number, although I can imagine you were ecstatic to see that number. That is the one I have been chasing since July. I have been AT 230 a few times but not below. I am pumped up!!!

    Last night, I was scared of the 30 mins, but it went great. The furthest I have run is 11km...on my way to a half, but then I let the heat of summer training defeat me. I still want to do one, and maybe I will join you...Niagara Falls Women's? I'm terrified, but know I could do it.

    ReplyDelete