Monday 2 December 2013

Upside Down!

This past few days has been nuts!!  Wednesday night I had an amazing workout at the gym and felt awesome.  Thursday things began to unravel!  It was a very silly day at work.  We took the girls to the doctor to get flu shots after work.  With Adryanna's heart defect we don't take any chances and everyone in our house gets a flu shot to be safe.  The last thing we want is for her to get really sick.  Christina seemed to be getting a cold but he said it was okay because she didn't have a fever.  Well it's a good thing we got the flu shot done when we did because the next day turned ugly for her.  She woke up with a "wonky tummy" and didn't want to eat breakfast.  She stayed home and ended up in bed until yesterday.  I know there are many out there that will say the flu shot is the problem but I really, truly don't believe that.  I think it was a coincidence and that she was already getting sick before.  She still has a terrible cough and is wheezing some.  If things don't clear up in the next day or two I will take her to the doctor.

Sick kids always throw my exercise for a loop.  Sometimes I will still be able to get out and do the usual things and sometimes it screws things up.  Saturday is a great example.  I had to work at an information fair and had to be out of the house by 10:30am at the latest.  I had to look presentable which meant that I needed to do my hair and everything. I knew if I was going to run I needed to be out of the house by 8am or I would not cool down enough to get ready.  Christina was up a lot through the night Friday and I was super tired so I didn't get up as early as I should have then she was so off that I just couldn't get myself ready to run in time.  I was disappointed that I didn't get to run but my family definitely needs to come first.

Yesterday was a terrible eating day and I snacked way to much.  I don't know what it was but I just felt hungry all day.  I was busy running around with my mom in the morning doing the stuff I would normally do on Saturday then Adrian had to move Meag in the afternoon.  I would have loved to go for a run or walk in the afternoon but I couldn't take Christina out since she still wasn't back to normal and I didn't want to leave her here with anyone in case she got sicker again.  This all showed on the scale this morning but I am hoping that today's water intake and better self control will show tomorrow.  I am choosing not to use today's weight as my official weigh in because of all of this craziness:)  I feel like things got turned upside down this weekend.  I'm really hoping that things will turn upside right but I suspect I have to wait until at least Wednesday afternoon for that!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the kiddo feels better!!!!

    Sometimes I get into a snacky mood too, but I figure as long as I eat healthy snacks, it will all work out. :)

    ReplyDelete