Wednesday 30 May 2012

It's Race Week!

Well race week is upon me and I'm fluctuating between freaking out and total calm.  Last night I ran 5k in the ridiculous heat and while I was hot and a quite tired at the end I felt pretty good.  I have a new mantra that I was chanting in my head, "You've got this", and it was helpful.  I really felt like I could do this race.  I think I'm going to be fine.  The weather looks almost perfect and my legs and body feel great.  I have a game plan and that's the most important part.  Now I just need to figure out a plan for my family that day and all will be perfect.  I want them there for the whole thing but I know that 3.5hrs is a long time for little kids.  I need to scope out the route for parks and places that they can watch but be entertained at the same time, AND I need to plan snacks for them.  The little ones are grazers and like to eat little amounts all. day. long!  I will need to make a trip to the grocery store and stock up on fruit for them I think.  Once I have them figured out I will relax more and be able to enjoy myself.  It's going to be an emotional day but it will be worth every last second of it!

I'm sorry to say I don't have a picture this week.  Something is going on with my scale and I don't trust the numbers on it.  I thought something was off a week or so ago but thought nothing of it until I did a pre/post run weigh in just for kicks.  It was terribly hot and I was sweating like crazy during my run but when I did the post run weight it was 4lbs higher than the pre-run weight.  That didn't seem right at all.  So I started weighing myself at random points during the day.  I know weight should fluctuate during the day but what I'm seeing is just bizarre.  It will fluctuate up to 4lbs in a matter of an hour.  It's less than a year old but it has been bashed around a bit by the kids goofing around so I think I might just buy a new one that is better and a bit more durable.   Hopefully next week I'll have things sorted out and a new picture for my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment