Sunday 13 May 2012

Just a bunch of fun!!!

This weekend has been absolutely amazing!!!  Yesterday morning, as I briefly mentioned, I ran 17k!!  That is the absolute longest I have ever run.  I am so super happy about it.  I was much quicker than I thought I would be and it wasn't quite as hard as I expected.  I am now quite confident that I will finish the half on June 3rd.  I only have to be able to run (or at least move) 4km more than I did yesterday.  That seems like pretty small apples compared to 17km.  I was able to finish yesterdays run in 2:40 (although when I uploaded from my Garmin it had "Moving Time" as 2:34).  I was originally giving myself 3 hours to complete 18k but left a few minutes late and hit a couple more red lights than expected so I cut it 1k short and still finished by 9am which was when I needed to get to the soccer field.  I was worried about leaving the house at 6am on Saturday morning.  I knew it would be quiet out there but I wasn't prepared for how beautiful and soothing it would be to be out there.  The first 11k were the best because I was going through a nice residential street then the canal path.  Then I had about 2k past a cemetery (kind of eerie at 7:45am) and up a partially residential street.  The next 4k were through some busy streets and past lots of businesses.  That was the rougher part.  I was so happy to get to the street that the soccer field is on.  It was a good run but the last bit was tough.  I didn't get to stretch as well as I should have and I can feel it today but I feel a whole lot better than I thought I would.  This week I have to run on my own Tuesday morning because soccer season has started.  I'm looking forward to that nice easy 10k;)

I spent the rest of the day running around from soccer field to pictures to soccer field.  Adryanna has become a much better soccer player than she was last year!!  I couldn't believe it:)  She ran like crazy and kicked the ball.  She was amazing!  I'm so proud of my little girl.  She's grown up so much over past year and it really showed yesterday. 

Last night we got some amazing news that I will have to wait a few days to share.  It is news that we have been waiting for years to hear and it came at the most perfect time.

Today has been a quiet day.  Adrian got up with the kids and let me stay in bed.  The kids didn't like that idea so much and ended up crawling into bed with me.  They both made me cards and were itching to give them to me.  While we goofed around dancing to silly music on the TV Adrian made a wonderful breakfast.  Then it was time for swimming lessons.  The girls both did very well today.  This afternoon has been a lazy one.  Adrian is gone to pick up supper for us then it will be time to get ready for the week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment