Sunday 6 May 2012

A little better everyday!

Rest week is done but I sure don't feel rested!  I chose not to rest properly after my 14k last weekend and worked out for the three days after.  I hit a wall on Tuesday and decided that I would take Wednesday and Thursday off from my routine.   It turned out well because that's when Christina really got sick. We went to the doctor and she has been tested for everything from Celiac Disease to parasites.  He had an xray done of her abdomen and we're just waiting for results.  She hadn't been to the bathroom in almost a week and yesterday was getting really scary.  She was throwing up half an hour after eating and started refusing food.  For anyone who knows her that is probably shocking.  This kid loves food and has no control when she sees it.  Yesterday she had lunch and then nothing but a popsicle for the rest of the day.  If things hadn't been up and down for the past few weeks I would have thought it was a bug but I knew otherwise.  Things started looking up around 2:30am this morning though when she came into our room crying.  I'll spare you the details but say that she got some relief:)  Today she was in a much better mood and was almost back to normal.  She didn't throw up for the first time in days and she ate most of her meals.  She didn't eat much at dinner and didn't ask for a snack but I'll take what I can get.  We should have all her test results back this week and unless anything drastic shows we will go back next week for follow up.

As for me I was ready to get out and run yesterday morning.  All week  I thought I had to run 10k and was planning for that but then I looked at the schedule and realized I only had to run 8k.  I decided I would try for the 10k anyway but when I approached the 8k turn around I was pretty tired and draggy so I turned around and am happy with that decision.  I felt good when I got back to the store and was able to get through the day without wanting a nap.  We went out shopping in the afternoon and I got to see some wonderful people that I don't see often enough.  We ran into Adrian's Aunt Fran and Uncle Mario then just a few minutes later Michelle and Carol.  I had a nice little chat with all of them.  Last night was a quiet night and this morning the girls actually slept in!!!  I was looking forward to the Y this morning but by the time we got moving it was too late to make it for the girls programs so we just took our time getting ready for swimming lessons.  This afternoon Anna and I had to go to a birthday party for Miss Paige and it was wonderful.  Anna got to play with the kids while I got to chat then we went swimming again before it was time for cake and presents. 

This week is a busier week with longer runs.  I will run 18k for the first time ever.  Once that is done I think I will feel much more prepared for the Half Marathon!!  Only 4 weeks to go!!!  Anna starts soccer next Saturday as well.  We're looking forward to a nice week and a nice weekend.  I hope everyone else has a great week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment