Saturday 12 May 2012

Horrible Parent:(

Yesterday Anna's class did a Mother's Day thing and I forgot:(  When I got to school to pick her up one of the other parents was talking about it and how there were three kids whose parents didn't show up.  I immediately felt horrible.  I have never been so upset about something to do with my kids as I was at that moment.  She was pretty sad about it but she said she forgives me.  Now I have to forgive myself.

Today was her Opening Day Soccer Tournament, I had to run 18k.  I hauled my butt out of bed at 5:45am and was on the road by 6:10am to complete my run before her first game at 9am.  The thing that kept me running most of the way was knowing that she would be heart broken if I was late.  I got to the field as they pulled in to the parking lot.  Yes!!!  I cut my run to 17k just to make sure I made it.  I would probably have made it on time if I had done 18k but I just couldn't take that chance.  She was happy and I felt good.

Now I'm going to crash somewhere while the little one takes a nap and Anna plays.  I'm beat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment