Thursday 3 May 2012

Helpless!!

For several months now my youngest daughter has been having bouts of vomiting.  Just really random throwing up then perfectly fine a little while later.  She's the kid that puts everything under the sun in her mouth, she can't see food without wanting it and she once swallowed an earring.  It's insane the way this kid is.  You can't leave her alone for a minute without wondering what she's getting into.  This makes me feel so very helpless.  I don't know what to do for her anymore.  We have been to the doctor and she was put on Prevacid.  It seemed to help but not much although we have not been super consistent at remembering to give it to her.  The doctor didn't really know what else to say since she seems otherwise very healthy.  Still though at leas once a week we deal with cleaning her bed and clothes and often stuffed animals because she has thrown up again.  Last night again at bedtime she said she needed her medicine because her tummy/chest hurt.   Sounds like heartburn to me and I would definitely know!  Gave her the Prevacid and off to sleep she went.  At about 4:30am she was in our room crying that she needed more because her tummy hurt again.  We can only give it once a day so I just gave her a little water and put her back to bed.  At 5:30am came the scream and the tears.  She had thrown up again.  AHHHHH!!!!  I can't take this anymore!  Cleaned her up and went back to bed for a bit.  Get up this morning and voila!  She's fine again.  Oh wait maybe not, at 10:30ish I got a message that she had just gotten sick all over the place again:(  Enough!  We're heading back to the doctor this afternoon and I'm not leaving without some better answers.  I love our pediatrician and trust him very much but this is getting nuts.  I'm going to beg and cry if I have to but I hope I don't.  I want some routine tests run to rule out some of the worse things before I accept that she's just going to always be a puker.

Stay tuned!!  I'm sure this will get interesting:)

Update:  We went for an xray and lots of bloodwork after the doctor today.  He's testing her for everything under the sun including parasites and Celiac Disease.  We are to go back in two weeks for a follow up but I know if they find something they will call us sooner.  Now we just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment