Saturday 19 May 2012

Feelin' Hot Hot Hot:)

Wow today was the first really hot run of the year for me and I totally over dressed.  I only wore a tshirt and capri's but wowzers it was hot.  I had to run 12k which I did, mostly.  I walked off and on for the last kilometre because I was super hot and feeling somewhat ill.  I pushed though and made it through.  I had a couple of interesting moments where I was sweating so much and it was running into my eyes.  I had to stop and walk once because it was so bad I couldn't see.  In the end though I felt pretty good and was happy to have made it.  Next week is 10k and the following week is the Niagara Falls Women's Half!!  I'm so freaking excited and a little bit nervous.  It's going to be a lot of fun.

I've always felt good about what I am doing and happy that I am making a difference in my life and the lives of the little people around me.  Anna has a good understanding that you have to stay active and eat right to stay healthy, Ashlee has joined a running group at school and will run 5k in June with her school.  I'm so proud of that.  What made me feel really great today though was when Benny came over to talk while I finished up my stretching at the end.  He told me that he's had several people comment on how well I am doing and how inspiring that is.  He said he was proud of me.  Now other people have told me that I'm awesome and Celine has continuously reminded me that I am doing something wonderful for myself and I totally appreciate all of that.  I enjoy the encouragement that I get from people but to hear that people are talking about how well I am doing when I'm not there is such a moving thing.  To know that while I might not be changing lives, since these are people who already run crazy far, I am making a difference and people are noticing.  To be told someone is proud of you might be one of the most encouraging things.  Knowing that so many people think I am doing something awesome will carry me through that 21.1k on June 3rd and help me to cross that finish line.  So thanks to all of the people who have helped me along this journey.  It's been a great ride and it's not over yet:)

No comments:

Post a Comment