Saturday 2 June 2012

Tomorrow is the big day!!!

Sixteen weeks ago I started training for this half marathon and now it's here.  I can't believe how fast the time has gone!!!  I have trained, learned and grown over the last four months and tomorrow will be the real test of all that hard work.  Right now I feel a strange sense of calm.  I know that there is nothing I can do now to change the outcome tomorrow.  I have gotten everything together, my ipod and garmin are charged and ready to go, the plan for the family is as ready as it can be and I'm just calm.  I'm sure all of that will change when I try to go to bed tonight but for now I feel confident that I can do this.  I won't be fast, I won't win any medals but I will finish and that's all that matters.  So check back tomorrow night or Monday for a race recap.  I'm sure it will be exciting:)

No comments:

Post a Comment